The Big 3-0 Challenge
Take on a thirty-themed challenge, get your workplace to be one of our Thirty 30k-ers or fundraise as a school.
Be one of our Thirty 30k-ers
Calling all corporates! We are looking for 30 fantastic corporate supporters to take on the challenge of raising £1,000 each to mark our special year. Could your workplace be one of our Thirty 30k-ers?
There are lots of ways you could go about raising the funds. From bake sales to golf days, sponsored activities to competitive challenges, you can be as creative as you wish! Perhaps you and your colleagues could climb the height of Everest using your office staircase? Or maybe you could auction workplace perks such as parking spaces and early finishes?
All our Thirty 30k-ers will be invited along to a special thank you evening at the end of our birthday celebrations!
The Big 3-0 Challenge
In celebration of our birthday year, we are challenging supporters to take on some thirty-themed fundraising! Here are a few suggestions…
- Run, walk or cycle 30 miles
- Do 30 squats or sit ups every 30 minutes
- Swim 30 lengths of a swimming pool
- Do 30 hours of spinning in 30 days
- Give something up for 30 days – chocolate, smoking, driving to work… whatever will challenge you most!
- Seek and source 30 prizes and hold a tombola or raffle
- Get 30 friends together for a big night in and donate the money you would have spent on a big night out
- Get your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you to eat 30 cream crackers in 30 minutes with NO water or liquids!
For further inspiration, take a look at our Fundraising Ideas page
Fundraise for us as a school
We’re asking local schools to go that extra mile in supporting their local children’s hospice this year. Could you or your school:
- Do a sponsored silence for 30 minutes?
- Hold a sponsored walk 30 laps of the playground?
- Challenge pupils to attempt a sponsored spell of 30 words?
- Carry out a sponsored skip-a-thon of 30 skips?
- Bake 30 cupcakes and sell them in the playground?
What thirty-themed fundraising ideas of your own can you come up with?
Donate or pledge
It doesn’t need to be difficult or challenging to support us for our big 3-0. It could be as simple as making a one-off donation or pledging a regular monthly gift throughout our birthday year.
Workplaces could ask employees to donate £2.50 a month for the next twelve months (amounting to £30 over the year). The more who take part, the more we raise!
Let’s share our birthdays!
Let’s celebrate together! As a special gesture, could you consider sharing your birthday with us this year?
- You could ask people to donate a monetary gift to Francis House in lieu of receiving birthday presents.
- You could fundraise for Francis House at your birthday party, by collecting donations on the door, running a raffle, incorporating a clothes party, etc
- If you use Facebook, it is so quick and simple to set up a Birthday Fundraiser page. You can tell your friends and family why you are sharing your birthday with Francis House this year and enable them to donate easily via your page
Get involved with one of our events
Could this be the year that you bite the bullet and sign up for the London Marathon or the Great Manchester Run? Or perhaps you could learn to knit and join in our Easter Chick Appeal or Virtual Knit Off? Have a look at our events page for lots of fun and adrenaline-inducing events to choose from over the year!
“Help us make a pot of gold at the end of our rainbow”Kate Puc