Schools and groups
Fundraising at school can be great fun for the pupils and a great help to Francis House.
We really value the support that we receive from local schools and colleges. We’d love to hear from you if you’re planning some fundraising to support Francis House – we’ll let you know how we can support you in return.
There are so many ways your school or colleges can get involved and support us. Here are our top suggestions:
- Have a fancy dress or non-uniform day.
- Plan a sponsored walk around your playing field or local area.
- Arrange a bucket collection for your end-of-year assembly, Christmas concert or school play.
- Make some crafts or bake some cakes to sell at your summer or Christmas fair.
- Check out our Fundraising Ideas page for further inspiration!
- We can arrange for pupils undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh Award to spend their required volunteering hours to support Francis House, through things like supermarket collections and helping at fundraising events. Please note that unfortunately we can’t arrange any volunteer opportunities for them within the Hospice itself.
We have lots of exciting events in our calendar that we’d love your school to get on board with.
- Our Easter Chick Appeal hinges on the involvement of schools. We’ll deliver any quantity of cute knitted chicks (all with a Creme Egg nestled inside!) for you to sell for just £1 each. Schools can also help by collecting Creme Eggs.
- Add STEPtember to your school’s calendar and challenge all pupils and teachers to achieve 10,000 steps a day for a whole month, collecting sponsorship for Francis House as you go.
- Secondary School pupils can put their entrepreneurial skills into practice by participating in Manchester Airport’s Dragon’s Den competition and choosing Francis House as their chosen charity. The process involves coming up with a unique gift idea, developing a business plan and pitching to a panel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can get involved.
What we can offer
We can provide fundraising resources such as collection buckets, balloons, posters and stickers, as well as Francis House merchandise you can sell to raise funds. Please contact us to arrange collection or delivery.
Our much-loved mascot Francis Mouse may be available to attend your school’s fundraising event and spread the Francis House love! Contact his minder to invite him along email@example.com.
A member of the fundraising team would be more than happy to visit your school and deliver an assembly, explaining to pupils what a hospice is and why they are so important.
If you’d like to request an assembly, please complete the enquiry form below and the team will get in touch to confirm a date.