In the community
Fundraising volunteers are vital to make the work we do possible.
Francis House Children’s Hospice opened in 1991 and is a lifeline to countless families from across the north west of England.
Volunteers can help by organising or assisting at events, at bucket collections, bag packs, managing our collection boxes and even public speaking. Check out our latest opportunities further down the page.
Why do we need volunteers?
Our volunteers are very important to us and make a big difference by:
- Bringing knowledge, life skills and ideas
- Providing a presence in the local communities that we serve
- Performing tasks that enable us to save money, allowing us to spend more on services that support families
- Helping us to raise vital funds and contributing towards the £12,870 we need everyday.
We are also looking for people to join, or start local fundraising groups. If you have time to spare and would like to find out more contact Ellie Bridges in our fundraising office on 0161 443 2200.
Can you help out for a couple of hours at our supermarket or football match day collections at the following locations:
Tesco Failsworth – 27th September 2019
Tesco Blackley – 5th October 2019
Morrisons Eccles – 11th November 2019
Stockport County FC – 7th December 2019
Sale Sharks – 21st December 2019
"You need to be determined and you’ve got to enjoy it. Being a fundraising volunteer is my hobby."Helen Finch
What can you get from volunteering?
As well as helping us to continue to support the families in greatest need, you will:
- Meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
- Learn or develop new skills
- Spend your time doing something worthwhile and gain a sense of achievement
- Enhance the prospect of getting a job
- Gain experience from working with our fundraising team
- Help raise money to make a real difference to children and young people with life-limiting conditions.