In the shop
We simply couldn’t run our charity shop without our dedicated band of volunteers.
Francis House Children’s Hospice opened in 1991 has become a lifeline to countless families from across the north west of England.
Our busy charity shop in Withington is managed by Jason Connor. Our shop volunteers contribute many hours every week by volunteering their time.
Why do we need volunteers?
Our volunteers are very important to us and make a big difference by:
- Bringing knowledge, life skills and ideas
- Providing a presence in the local communities that we serve
- Performing tasks that enable us to save money, allowing us to spend more on the services that support families
The team of volunteers sort and price up donations, organise the display of goods, serve and assist customers.
Volunteers work at our shop at 470 Wilmslow Road, Withington, M20 3BG.
What can you get from volunteering?
As well as helping us to continue to support the families in greatest need, you will:
- Meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
- Learn or develop new skills
- Spend your time doing something worthwhile and gain a sense of achievement
- Enhance the prospect of getting a job
- Help raise money to make a real difference to children and young people with life-limiting conditions.
Want to volunteer?
In order to maintain high standards of care and service we invest time in selecting and checking prospective volunteers. For this reason we ask that people applying are able to make a regular commitment for a minimum 12 month period.
For our volunteer positions we ask that you complete an application form and return it to: Volunteer Co-ordinators, Francis House Children’s Hospice, 390 Parrswood Road, Didsbury M20 5NA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to learn more contact Rachael Taylor on 0161 443 2200
Download an application form